Smoked Grouse Breast from Great Glen Game
We are so excited by this mouth-watering wild grouse breast from the Highlands of Scotland...
Sustainably managed wild grouse from the Highland moors of Scotland are used to create this tender product. Lightly cured and gently smoked over oak chips, this product is an unique delicacy. These individually packed Grouse Breasts should be sliced thinly and make delicious canapes and starters.
Weight: 50g (approx)
We are delighted to reproduce a fabulous recipe from the wonderful Charlotte Pike of Charlotte's Kitchen Diary ( A great blog about......goings-on in Charlotte's Kitchen)
Wild Grouse Salad with sour cherries, walnuts and russet apples
One wild grouse breast (they are ready to eat)
One tablespoon redcurrant jelly (I get a lovely one from Quayles in Tetbury (Gloucestershire) which is made locally)
A few walnut pieces
A few sour cherries
A russet apple
1. Simply place the redcurrant jelly into a non-stick frying pan and warm until it becomes a smooth liquid
2. Slice the grouse breast and place it into the pan with the redcurrant jelly and toss in the cherries and walnuts
3. Let this warm through for a couple of minutes and cut the russet apple into slices
4. Simply arrange the apple and lettuce (if using) onto a place and top with the grouse from the pan.
5. Serve warm
Dutch Couple Jan Jacob & Anja Baak moved to Roybridge in the Highlands in 2000 for Jan Jacob’s job as an estate manager. Using the most available local produce (venison & grouse) he started smoking food in his back garden as a hobby and, encouraged by friends, started selling on a part-time basis.Read more
Temperature Controlled Delivery
Following extensive testing, our packaging has been certified to maintain food at fridge temperature for 48 hours.
England, Wales and Scotland (excl. Scottish Highlands and Islands)
- Delivery 9am-5pm £7.95
- Delivery Before Midday: £11.50
- Delivery Before 10am: £13.95
Scottish Highlands and Islands, Channel Islands (2 working days)
- Delivery 9am-5pm £16.50.
Isle of Man, Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland (1-2 working days)
- Delivery 9am-5pm £19.95