This outstanding cheese has been made by the Keens at Moorhayes Farm since 1899. Now in their fifth generation the family continue to make unpasteurised Cheddar with the help of their grass fed herd of Friesian cows in 500 acres of Somerset countryside.
The cheese is matured for a minimum of 12 months and develops a subtle nutty flavour. Along with Montgomery's and Westcombe Cheddar, Keen's Cheddar is one of only three Artisan Somerset Cheddars. It is also one of a small and exclusive list of British foods to be awarded Protection of Designated Origin (PDO) status. To be called West Country Farmhouse Cheddar the cheeses must:
- Be made using milk from local herds reared and milked in the counties of Somerset; Dorset; Devon or Cornwall. This ensures that the cheese has a particular texture and flavour.
- Contain no colouring; no flavouring and no preservatives.
- Be made in these four counties to traditional methods. These methods include the cheese being made by hand and the unique process known as cheddaring.
- Made with unpasteurised milk so not advised for consumption when pregnant.
- Made with traditional animal rennet
- 200g (approximately)
- No colouring
- No flavouring
- No preservatives
Temperature Controlled Delivery
Following extensive testing, our packaging has been certified to maintain food at fridge temperature for 48 hours.
England, Wales and Scotland (excl. Scottish Highlands and Islands)
- Delivery 9am-5pm £7.95
- Delivery Before Midday: £11.50
- Delivery Before 10am: £13.95
Scottish Highlands and Islands, Channel Islands (2 working days)
- Delivery 9am-5pm £16.50.
Isle of Man, Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland (1-2 working days)
- Delivery 9am-5pm £19.95