Berry's Malbec, Mendoza
The vineyards of Alto Agrelo well deserve the 'alto' epithet given that they are located at 980 metres above sea-level, with the snow-capped Andes not only providing a scenic backdrop but also a most natural source of water to nourish these rather privileged Malbec grapes.
A longstanding stalwart of the Pulenta canon and the Berry's range, the Flor Pulenta shows exactly what can be done with Argentina's signature grape variety. Six months of ageing in French oak has added subtle notes of tobacco and vanilla to the naturally exuberance of the ripe plum and damson fruit; the wine is versatile and fruit-friendly, the lick of spice on the finish adding authority and underlining inherent quality.
(Simon Field MW, BBR Buyer)
- Origin: Argentina » Mendoza
- Producer: Pulenta Estate
- Grape Variety: Malbec
- Style: Medium, full-bodied, dry
- 13.5% vol
(Items that do not need to be sent chilled)
- UK (Excluding Scottish Highlands and Islands) 9am-5pm: £5.95
- Scottish Highlands & Islands, Channel Islands: £13.50
- Isle of Man, Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland: £16.95