Berry's Chianti Classico
Made for Berry's by the eminent estate of Badia a Coltibuono, who have created a classic blend of Sangiovese, plus 10 percent of local varieties Canaiolo, Colorino and Ciliegiolo from their vineyards in Gaiole and Castelnuovo Berardenga, Tuscany.
"Bolstered by a sunny vintage, this Chianti Classico displays bright, sapid, perfumed strawberry spice and tea-leaf aromas. It’s very refined, as we’ve come to expect from Badia a Coltibuono, the gorgeous, fleshy fruit grounded by savoury minerality, mellowed by 12 months in large (20-hectolitre) oak barrels and balanced by fine fruit tannins."
David Berry Green (Berry Bros & Rudd).
Food Match: Perfect for meat dishes, especially game.
Photo is for illustration purposes only and vintage year may change, without prior notice
- Grape: Sangiovese blend
- Nose: Strawberry Spice and tea-leaf
- Palate: fine, fleshy fruit and minerals mellowed by oak
- Medium, full-bodied, dry
- 14% vol
(Items that do not need to be sent chilled)
- UK (Excluding Scottish Highlands and Islands) 9am-5pm: £5.95
- Scottish Highlands & Islands, Channel Islands: £13.50
- Isle of Man, Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland: £16.95