This classic Barolo is aged in large Slavonian oak barrels. Fruit is blended the fruit from four different vineyards located around the sentinel village of Verduno: mainly Campasso and Rocche dell’Olmo, but also from Riva, Pisapola plus the bonus of having fruit from the San Lorenzo vineyard.
The sum of the vineyards treats us to a slightly darker wine; it’s more composed too, with cooler, crunchier, clove, tamarind, dried-fig and ginger-root notes on the nose.
"To taste, it’s full, with generous, fleshy, balsam oil, a sweet kernel of loganberry fruit, even of chestnut and ground nutmeg. The richly complex – but focussed – palate is still getting into its stride, so best decanted while still in its youth."
(David Berry Green- Berry Bros)
Photo is for illustration purposes only and vintage year may change, without prior notice
- Grape: Nebbiolo
- Nose: clove, tamarind, dried-fig and ginger-root
- Palate: A sweet kernel of loganberry fruit, even of chestnut and ground nutmeg
- Medium, full-bodied, dry
- 14% vol
(Items that do not need to be sent chilled)
- UK (Excluding Scottish Highlands and Islands) 9am-5pm: £5.95
- Scottish Highlands & Islands, Channel Islands: £13.50
- Isle of Man, Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland: £16.95